2017 Annual Retina Society
The Retina society held their annual meeting in Boston, MA October 5th-7th. Several of our physicians presented and Dr Omesh Gupta, MD was elected a member of the society this year.
1. Effect of Intraocular Pressure-lowering Medications on Neovascular Age-related Macular Degeneration Treatment Outcomes in Comparison of AMD Treatment Trials: Jason Hsu, MD, presenter
2. Comparison of Follow-up Compliance Rates Between Panretinal Photocoagulation and Intravitreal Injections in Patients with Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy: Jason Hsu, MD & Allen Ho, MD, co-authors
3. A Prospective, Randomized Trial Comparing Plain Gut to Polyglactin 910 (Vicryl) Sutures for Sclerotomy Closure after 23-gauge Pars Plana Vitrectomy: Sunir Garg, MD, presenter, Allen Chiang, MD and Marc Spirn, MD, co-authors.
4. 27-gauge Pars Plana Vitrectomy for Posterior Segment Disease: Long Term Visual Outcomes and Safety Profile in 371 Eyes: Arunan Sivalingam, MD, Allen Ho, MD, Jason Hsu, MD and Carl Regillo, MD, co-authors.
5. A Novel Technique for Intraocular Lens Fixation using Gore-Tex Suture and Vitreoretinal Instrumentation: Outcomes and Imaging: Omesh Gupta, MD, presenter, Mitchell Fineman, MD and Jason Hsu, MD, co-authors.
6. Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography and Dark Adaptation Metrics in Subjects with Past or Current Hydroxychloroquine Use: Allen Ho,MD, Jason Hsu, MD, Joseph Maguire, MD and Carl Regillo, MD, co-authors.
7. Optical Density of Subretinal Fluid in Patients with Chronic Central Serous Retinopathy Treated with Eplerenone: Mitchell Fineman, MD, Jason Hsu, MD and Sunir Garg, MD, co-authors.
8. Intravitreal Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Injections for Macular Edema Associated with Central Retinal Vein Occlusion in Patients under 40 years of age: James Vander, MD, Allen Ho, MD and Jason Hsu, MD, co-authors.
9. Demographic Variations in Loss to Follow-up Following Panretinal Photocoagulation in Patients with Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy: Allen Ho, MD and Jason Hsu, MD, co-authors.
10. Intraocular foreign body after glass blowing: Sunir Garg, MD, presenter.
11. Intravitreal Injection using 33-gauge Versus 30-gauge Needles: Comparison of Patients’ Experience: Allen Chiang, MD presenter.
12. Long term Follow up of Cell therapy for Atrophic AMD and Evolution of a Surgical Delivery System: Allen Ho, MD presenter.
13. Effect of Topical Dorzolamide-Timolol on Macular Edema in Eyes Receiving Intravitreal Anti-Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Therapy for Retinal Vein Occlusion: A Pilot Study: Jason Hsu, MD, presenter,
Allen Chiang MD, Carl Park MD, and Allen Ho, MD, co-authors.
14. A randomized trial comparing 8-0 Vicryl compared to 6-0 Plain Gut for sclerotomy closure in 23g vitrectomy: Sunir Garg, MD, presenter.